Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018
Thanks a lot @thumb5 I hope you also had time to enjoy the event in between all the questions and answers! Also thanks to @Confused for his additional comments.

Seems we have a definitive solution to the latency problem for Phantoms. Did Joachim elaborate what the 'Phantom app' (not Spark) is? I've looked at Devialet's web, but can not find any references. Lack of volume control on Phantoms in this mode could be a problem in a home set up though. This is obviously geared towards installations and the 'Dante dongle' where volume control is done on the Dante feed.
I must admit I am disappointed that convolution is not coming. It is maybe too complex to translate a long convolution filter to the necessary instructions needed for the DSP processors on the old expert amps although it should be possible to do this in a simpler way on the CI, at least for inputs handled by the CI. Eight PEQ entries per channel is still a good help so I'll probably try that at some point.

Again, thanks for the report.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018 - by ogs - 13-Jul-2018, 10:00