Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018
Yes it was a good event and many thanks to Jon, Alasdair, Dan from OAC and Alexandre, Joachim and Mathieu from Devialet. There was a really positive energy coming from the whole Devialet team and it seems that they are now free to do what they know they should have been doing for some time.

Have to say that my dealings with Mathieu over the last fortnight have been great, had a problem with my speakers and the 1000Pro which came down to it seems and impedence problem in the extreme high frequency. Mathieu offered me a tailored set of ADH which he said may take a couple of days, I got them in 3 hours and they worked perfectly, thats service........

Its very difficult to give a proper view on the Magico A3 as they had only been running for an hour before the event and from personal experience they take a lot of running in, mine taking more than a year at my listening regime. They are instantly recognisable as Magico so if you like the Magico sound you will like them. They are very clean and clear with pinpoint accuracy and extremely well controlled bass, which for small speakers (compared to my S5's) is very deep. the other thing to note is they need a lot of driving, the 210 that was driving them needed to be at -5 dB to get a good sound level. If you are at all interested in them have a listen, if you can break Alasdiar's grip on them you may even be able to get a home dem (good luck with that)

It was a great day and good to meet up with so many from this Forum and previous OAC events.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers

Messages In This Thread
RE: Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018 - by NickB - 13-Jul-2018, 10:11