Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018
I have remembered something else, but this is more a bit of trivia rather than hard technical data.

I was talking to Mathieu and we were both looking around the shop at the various products on display.  We happened to be looking at a selection of amps, and were talking about the new Acoustic Research REF160's and some big Musical Fidelity amps.  I commented on the REF160's, because they look surprising big in the flesh, huge in fact.

Mathieu made a comment that they thought the Expert range would sell better in the US if it was bigger, apparently a lot of potential US customers somehow cannot accept that the tiny slim Devialet's can be pushing out 1000w RMS, or maybe they just prefer "big".  Mathieu said something along the lines of "it might have sold better if we had just put it into a much bigger case."

There was also a quip regarding the big Musical Fidelity amp that was on display, along the lines of amplifiers being very much like football teams, that is the English ones are pretty decent, but the French ones offer just that little bit more..... Sad
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018 - by Confused - 13-Jul-2018, 13:29