Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018
(13-Jul-2018, 14:08)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(13-Jul-2018, 12:48)Confused Wrote: Also, there have been a few posts about room correction.  Mathieu did make one comment about RC that has not been mentioned, it was something along the lines of if Devialet were to do room correction it would be a complete system.  So it looks to me that there is some concern about the wide variety of ways that convolutions could be  supplied, but a closed all Devialet system might work.  I am not an expert on the inner working of RC, but combined with ADH I can see some issued with how headroom is dealt with, how changes in sample rates are dealt with, how RC interacts with SAM, this kind of thing.  As stated by Ian earlier, it is clear that RC is not on the short term road map, but I came away with the impression that a complete Devialet RC system might be a possibility in the future. But don't hold your breath, as the saying goes....

That's really interesting, and I think shows how out of touch Devialet are with RC. OK, so an 'all in' solution would be fantastic, but the reality is its far too complex a task for anyone let alone Devialet.  To do it right requires complex GUI/UX work, and lots of technology and understanding of the science.  IMO only Dirac have nailed making it user friendly, so integrating that would probably be their only hope for a full solution, and one I'd happily embrace (there may be better out there, but at the end of the day something's better than nothing, and Dirac's a pretty good something).

That's a little harsh I think.  Certainly they did not out sound of touch on the subject.  Most of what I wrote above is my interpretation of a very minor comment, so it is probably just me that is a bit clueless!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018 - by Confused - 13-Jul-2018, 17:03