Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018
(13-Jul-2018, 19:23)Confused Wrote:
(13-Jul-2018, 17:38)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Let’s agree to disagree Smile

No, no, no.  We cannot do that.  The thing is, I am pretty much 100% confident we agree on much of this stuff.  We can certainly agree to disagree on some of it, but other than that, I disagree, which therefore means we agree.  Is that clear? Huh

Clear as, er, mud. But when teetering on the edge of a 100 point reputation, whatever you say Sir! Tongue

I guess what maddens me about Devialet and Room Correction (or lets just start calling it convolution since that’s all I really care about) is that the Expert was born for it.

How many other combined DAC-amplifiers are there in the world - ones where the two are intrinsically linked and can only function thanks to software/firmware DSP? If ever there were a device made to do it, it was this one. And why keep putting all these ‘spare’ DSP chips on board for future possibilities if they don’t use them. I’d imagine the DSP chips in the previous (non pro generation) will sit cold until the end of their days now Devialet are no longer developing for that platform - what a waste! Let’s hope the Pro doesn’t follow the same path.......

RC aside I’ll admit the general vibe from the feedback seems to be overwhelmingly that they’re heading Bock on track. RoonReady is a dream that they’re finally talking about openly and maybe in time for winter? We’re getting snippets at least about roadmaps, web config, white papers etc etc, it’s all positive. I just don’t want them miss this other opportunity that would really set them apart if done right.

I do think Devialet have been let off very lightly about abandoning their obsolescence promise for models only one generation back though. I’m surprised (once again) that few seem to care - Devialet have such a loyal following. They’re very lucky all things considered.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018 - by Hifi_swlon - 13-Jul-2018, 20:44