Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018
(13-Jul-2018, 17:35)Confused Wrote:
In an ideal world, Roon and Devialet would collaborate.  Imagine, Devialet could make superb amplifiers and all they would have to do is make them Roon ready, you could then enjoy the superb Devialet sound quality together with all the splendid software features of Roon, including convolution, PEQ and all the rest of it.  That truly would be the best of both worlds.  And yes, we have this now, so it's not so terrible is it?  (unless you want to play vinyl, or connect your Dev to the telly or something Sad )

I think this is incorrect. If the Devialet was Roon Ready the signal Roon would pass to it will be exactly the same as it currently passes using AIR. My understanding is that convoulution, PEQ, and the other changes to the signal that Roon can make are all done via DSP in room and don't require the renderer device to be Roon Ready. RAAT vs AIR only affects the way that Roon will "talk" to the Devialet, not what it will "say" to the Devialet.

I haven't tried convolution in Roon but I have tried PEQ and when I used PEQ the signal my Devialet received had the PEQ changes in it so I see no reason why you can't do convolution in Roon and have the modified signal sent to the Devialet using Roon AIR. The limitation with this is that convolution will only be applied to Roon and you won't get convolution applied for other sources.  We already have all of the software features of Roon available on a Devialet when we're using Roon as our source but there is no way of applying those software features to other sources.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018 - by David A - 13-Jul-2018, 20:47