Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018
(13-Jul-2018, 22:33)ogs Wrote: Not quite @David A .  Roon/AIR used to display volume, balance, tone/phase in its 'Signal path'. When the CI was installed only volume was displayed, the rest disappeared. Most likely this has to do with Devialets AIR code on the CI. Let us hope all this returns with RAAT. It was very nice to have this as the display is impossible to read from a distance, even if the amp is wall mounted.
Roon convolution works fine with AIR. If/when Roon adds 'the input device' it should be possible to route for example A/D converted lp playback through Roon's DSP.

I was using Roon/AIR before my 130 got the CI board upgrade and can't remember seeing volume, balance, tone/phase info in the Signal Path data but that may be a failure of my memory. I used to have volume control turned on in Roon just so I could see the volume level in the bottom right hand corner of Roon's display on my iPad, even though I was using the Devialet remote, but I think I get a small increase in sound quality by minimising what Roon does to the bare minimum for my purposes and I found it difficult to make fine volume adjustments using Roon's volume slider so I turned off volume control in Roon since I wasn't actually using the function.

I totally agree about the difficulty of reading volume levels on the Devialet display from a distance. I sit about 3 metres from my rack where the Devialet sits and I have to stand and step forward a bit to be able to read the volume display which is annoying but I'd probably find it very frustrating if I wanted to see the volume setting frequently.

Are you sure the change in info displayed in Roon is related to the CI board? Could it have been related to a change in one of Roon's own updates? Over the year that I've been using Roon they've been turning out updates on a monthly basis for most of the time, sometimes more frequently. Could there have been a Roon update which made a change while your amp was away for the CI board upgrade so the first time you noticed the change would have been after you fired up the amp with the CI board installed and you therefore associated it with the board upgrade rather than with a Roon change?
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018 - by David A - 14-Jul-2018, 00:04