Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018
@thumb5 @Confused

It's easy to get caught up in all the features that the new CI board can/should/would/could do, but now and again it's great just to sit down, put music on random and enjoy. I've got a favourites bookmark in Roon with about 450 songs and there's a full mixture of Rock/Pop/Country/Classical/etc., etc. Most of the songs my wife & daughter cringe at, especially some of the Classical & Country, but I love listening to a mixture, especially the Country as it brings back happy memories of my childhood with my Mum & Dad (my Dad passed away about 12 years ago, and my Mum is bad with Dementia - here in body, but not mind).

I can whinge like the best of them when it comes to Devialet (as you all know Tongue ), but it's good to sit down sometimes, relax, and just listen to music. That's one thing the new CI does for me with all the streaming options, and Roon Air gets big plus marks from me. Bias alert, but I really think RAAT will not only be a big plus for us that have Roon, but there's a lot of manufacturers using it as an additional selling point so won't don't Devialet any harm jumping on the Roon bandwagon (off course along with Spotify, Airplay, etc., and Qobuz potentially, but as Q isn't available in Australia it's not a big miss for me - yet!).

Fantastic reading all the updates from the OAC/Devialet event (good on both of them for organising) and hope everyone is having a great weekend  Big Grin
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018 - by Celts88 - 14-Jul-2018, 13:11