Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018
I too enjoyed the day even though as being a Phantom owner, most of the discussion was interesting but not relevant.
Because of the statement that only a small percentage of users prefer the Spark app, I have spent some time comparing Tidal via the Tidal iOS app against Tidal via Spark.
I might be misleading myself but to me via Spark has a better presentation and more enjoyable.
I assume that via Tidal app the connection is using Airplay but via Spark it is native from Dialog?
If so and there is a better quality then I cannot understand why so few use Spark and this is the frustrating point for me. I was hoping for improvements so that UPNP would be embedded into Spark rather than the juggling between something like 8player for UPNP and Spark for Tidal.
I only have a simple setup, either Naim unitiserve or Tidal but still find it a bind to mess about with different apps.
The optical in on the Dialog still has a crackle so I abandoned that connection in favour of UPNP which is stable and crackle free for me.

I guess I need to be patient and hope that they turn attention to Roon for Phantoms sometime down the line once they have the worldwide certification in the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Messages In This Thread
Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018 - by steve_denney - 14-Jul-2018, 14:43