Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018
(17-Jul-2018, 21:09)thumb5 Wrote:
(13-Jul-2018, 00:16)Axel Wrote: @thumb5
Thanks for the great report, Ian. Going back to A5: you say that Devialet now recommend RCA-RCA connection between units. Did they say why? Are we to assume that sound quality will be better using this method of connection, rather than RCA-AES/EBU?
I guess this will be good news for people who have had problems with which resistance cable to use and having to use 75/110 Ohm transformers, and problems with longer cables (as you pointed out), or perhaps this is the reason they now recommend RCA-RCA, and nothing to do with SQ?

@Axel, and @Frnch: really sorry, I completely missed your question.  The thing about RCA-RCA was not a big announcement but rather a passing comment in conversation - I'm not sure it was meant to be particularly significant.  The point was made that using RCA-RCA meant standard cables could be used without worrying about impedance matching.  On the other hand it did mean losing an output; I think that, rather than sound quality, was probably one of the driving factors behind using RCA-AES/EBU link cables - especially for some of the demo configurations where more than two Experts were chained.  For what it's worth, I still use an RCA-AES/EBU cable and won't be rushing to change it.

Hi

I may be missing something here, but in my config when I set-up as RCA-RCA I can use all inputs/outputs on both Mono's, but when I use RCA-AES then I don't get the use of any inputs/outputs on the Companion except for the Sub Pre-out's. It doesn't bother me as I still use RCA-AES (got a special cable made up so sticking with it), and as I only use digital inputs (USB, Ethernet, Optical) then I don't need the other inputs anyway.

Cheers
John

1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018 - by Celts88 - 18-Jul-2018, 03:58