Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018
(17-Jul-2018, 21:09)thumb5 Wrote:
(13-Jul-2018, 00:16)Axel Wrote: @thumb5
Thanks for the great report, Ian. Going back to A5: you say that Devialet now recommend RCA-RCA connection between units. Did they say why? Are we to assume that sound quality will be better using this method of connection, rather than RCA-AES/EBU?
I guess this will be good news for people who have had problems with which resistance cable to use and having to use 75/110 Ohm transformers, and problems with longer cables (as you pointed out), or perhaps this is the reason they now recommend RCA-RCA, and nothing to do with SQ?

@Axel, and @Frnch: really sorry, I completely missed your question.  The thing about RCA-RCA was not a big announcement but rather a passing comment in conversation - I'm not sure it was meant to be particularly significant.  The point was made that using RCA-RCA meant standard cables could be used without worrying about impedance matching.  On the other hand it did mean losing an outout; I think that, rather than sound quality, was probably one of the driving factors behind using RCA-AES/EBU link cables - especially for some of the demo configurations where more than two Experts were chained.  For what it's worth, I still use an RCA-AES/EBU cable and won't be rushing to change it.

Thank you!
Original d'Atelier No 91 Upgraded CI- Aurender N10- Chord Dave DAC-Chord Mscaler-B&W 800 D3- Isotek EVO3 Mosaic Genesis- Nordost Valhalla 2 power cable- Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker cables- Nordost QB4 and Qx4- Cabledyne RCA-XLR- Transparent Ref XL AES/EBU- Synergistic Atmosphere AC Power Cords- Light Harmonic LS USB- Mutec MC3+USB- Audioquest Diamond ethernet- Étalon ethernet isolator

Messages In This Thread
RE: Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018 - by Frnch - 18-Jul-2018, 07:41