Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boring forum, as Expert (non Pro) support withers...
Has non Pro support withered? Only if the number of non Pro amps in use by forum members has dropped. People often have funny ideas on what "support" or "participation" means and those ideas often come down to people who do the same things as the person making the comment but not everyone demonstrates support or participation in the same way. I take a "bums on seats" approach to measuring support and in something like non Pro support on this forum I'd measure it by looking at the number of people on this forum using non Pro amps. Is that falling? I don't know.

When it comes to what gets discussed the recent always wins out on forums. Your problem is not that Expert (non Pro) support has withered, it's just that the changes are happening elsewhere and people talk about changes. We discuss the weather because the weather changes constantly. If the weather stopped changing, if no new weather events happened, how long would people keep talking about the weather? There'd be nothing to say about it until it changed unless all you're going to do is to keep track of the number of days since it changed and that's going to get boring after a week or two.

On a Devialet forum people are going to talk about what's new from Devialet. The things that aren't new have already been discussed back when they were new and there's no great need, or interest, in going over discussions that have already been had. A lack of discussion of something doesn't mean that it doesn't have support, it just means that no one feels they have something new to say about it. That doesn't necessarily mean that there aren't still things to be said about it or useful discussions to be had but it does mean that if you aren't seeing anyone start discussions that interest you then you're probably going to have to come up with a discussion starter on something which interests you that prompts others to respond and create a discussion. Discussions don't come out of nowhere, someone has to start them by saying something that prompts a response.

At least you prompted a response from me so that must make this forum interesting :-)
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boring forum, as Expert (non Pro) support withers... - by David A - 20-Jun-2018, 23:42