Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A week until the 2-year Anniversary of Phantom Gold announcement.
(23-Jun-2018, 07:00)antilles Wrote: I suspect the unrepairability is holding them back from really going exotic/high-end. Burning 4k (and getting value) is one thing, 10 or 15 quite another.

What I would like to see is much simpler: fixing the latency. Turnkey multichannel would be a close second. In reality, we will probably be lucky to see another colour.

I think there's a lot of potential with the Phantom. They've done something special, here. I think it was announced December 2014? They got 3 models out. That's pretty good. They just have to find a way to make it sound more high-end. Going with exotic materials, like diamond, etc, and getting away from the more common materials like aluminum ( an aluminum midrange; tweeter..., really?), can be one of the ways to help them get there. Who knows, maybe they realize that they have to change/modify the design/shape/size of it, and come out with a new product, to help them get there even further.

But, with what they've done/accomplished, so far, if there's one company that can do it, hey, it's Devialet. Yeah?

Maybe they'll just leave the aluminum drivers for the entry level, like they've done so far, and just keep going up from there, with new products.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A week until the 2-year Anniversary of Phantom Gold announcement. - by Dvlt PhD - 25-Jun-2018, 00:06