Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A week until the 2-year Anniversary of Phantom Gold announcement.
(24-Jun-2018, 23:52)Dvlt PhD Wrote:
(23-Jun-2018, 00:34)streamy Wrote: After the 4th bugfix that finally makes the new Phantom reliably functioning I will follow you.

streamy, it's been nice reading your posts in the last 24-48 hours. (Haven't been reading too much, lately). Can you remind me what the 4th bug is, please? Smile

Thanks.

Thanks for the compliment. When I refer to bugs in the Phantoms this includes Dialog and Spark as I prefer listening to stereo reproduction (most recordings are made in and for stereo). Many bugs have been eliminated since March 2015 when I bought a pair of Silver Phantoms and Dialog. Most were related to loss of setup, loss of a Phantom, software issues like interrupted streaming, loss of playqueue, no gapless play, sudden volume change to 0, limit of showing only the last 50 purchases in Qobuz (which can be streamed in hires), transformer noise (buzzing) on the Gold Phantoms (yes, was fixed with a firmware update! even if it was HW noise from the PS inductors.
.... What remains to be fixed is reenabling (yes it used to work) 24bit/192k on the optical input of the Dialog, fix recurrent short dropouts of the Dialog optical input. These last two ‚to be fixed’ are candidates to be the 4th bugfix on a next gen Phantom system. Ah, there is another one remaining on the Gold Phantoms: Around one second after music stops playing there’s an audible ‚plopp‘ coming from the tweeter that indicates a disconnect of the tweeter or a short cutting, which cuts out the very low amplifier noise.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A week until the 2-year Anniversary of Phantom Gold announcement. - by streamy - 25-Jun-2018, 16:52