Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 220 pro vs Naim NAP250
@Kabirsh
Hello. I'm going to go with @Confused here and act on the belief that this is a genuine enquiry and request for advice or comment.

Kabirsh, Confused has summed up the probable comments from Devialet owners and from Naim owners. I've been involved in similar discussions on the Naim forum, and from that experience, I can confirm that the argument is very much along those lines.

I think that Naim makes excellent gear, though I have not hear their current DR series equipment. Personally, the Devialet presentation and packaging is my preference; I am one who moved from Naim to Devialet.

One aspect to note is that Devialet owners have had some owners with either minor or serious problems with the software. Naim is the same in this regard, with UPnP & other connectivitiy issues. I think that streaming issues may be common to many systems, whether related directly to the equipment or to other parts in the house.

Regarding sound, there are several threads on this forum that will give you more than enough opinion- do a search and give up a few hours of your life.

Totem speakers I do know, and to me, the Element speakers are their best. The Naim equipment may add some of the 'warmth' of the traditional Totem speakers, but the Devialet will give space and detail that the Naim likely will not. I've heard both Naim and Devialet through Element series speakers, and I'm basing my comment on that experience. Not DR series Naim equipment, as I mentioned.

There, that is my early morning contribution.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
Devialet 220 pro vs Naim NAP250 - by Kabirsh - 26-Jun-2018, 21:42
RE: Devialet 220 pro vs Naim NAP250 - by Damon - 27-Jun-2018, 16:23
RE: Devialet 220 pro vs Naim NAP250 - by Stino - 27-Jun-2018, 17:31