Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audioquest Niagara 5000 to use with dual monos
(08-Nov-2018, 23:37)Rama Wrote: @Damon Now I just need a dealer who would let me audition the Niagara 5000 for a week. I don't think I would be able to part with 5K without a home audition and hearing exactly what SQ gains we are talking about. It would have to be a OMG moment for me to open my wallet.

I agree completely. A new box with only a light on it and no fancy meters or switches is not a very sexy way to spend any money, let along a significant amount such as the AQ 5000 costs. After a few expensive, embarrassing and very annoying mistakes, I won't even buy a digital cable without trying it at home on my own system. Sometimes there is no chance to do that, but if at all possible, it is a necessity. 

One thought is that the AQ5000 has multiple outlets, including two dedicated to high current (or whatever it is) draws, and so you would be able to give all your components the benefits, if any, of the higher quality power. 

Hope you get a chance to do a home demo. It would be interesting to hear your thoughts.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: Audioquest Niagara 5000 to use with dual monos - by Damon - 09-Nov-2018, 00:30