Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet another Dual Mono Configuration Glitch!
(04-Dec-2014, 14:21)thumb5 Wrote: That's indeed an interesting question, but it probably doesn't have a clear answer (otherwise the whole debate about whether/why cables make a difference would have been resolved already).

In this specific context one technical argument could be based on a better impedance match reducing reflections. I believe that's still speculation unless it's known that the reflections are enough to cause errors in the digital signal, and that the master/slave link is actually sensitive to those errors. For example: maybe the link uses some kind of error checking and recovery protocol, though I doubt it. But there are also psychological explanations such as expectation bias which might be coming into play. Particularly on this forum the standard cable seems to have such a bad reputation that we might be conditioned into thinking pretty much any other cable will sound better. And if (we believe) a different cable sounds better, all well and good.

I didn't mean to stop you speculating, of course, but I wondered whether you had any reason to suggest lag/delay as opposed to something else.

can you believe that i did not even try the standard digital link that came with the companion simply because it was too short to allow me to place the master and slave units side by side and to accommodate the Aurender X100 in the middle.

Currently I am using QED Signature Coaxial digital cable and it seems to do a very good job, but then again i did not yet test any other link

(04-Dec-2014, 14:21)thumb5 Wrote:
(04-Dec-2014, 14:10)Confused Wrote: I asked Devialet a question regarding the optimum method of dual mono linkage, after a number of email exchanges, they advised:

"Theoretically, RCA to XLR will provide the optimum solution. Usually, experienced customers notice the difference straight away. On the other hand, some customer notice a difference but it is not so significant for them.
It will depend on the sound quality, but judging by our exchanges, I guess you will notice it directly."

So that's all clear then.......

Their technical support is beginning to have the Zen nature...!

I like the state of zen we have here and how we support each other in the forum, after all music is all about reaching that higher state of nirvana Smile

but honestly it is not what i expect form Devialet tech support
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yet another Dual Mono Configuration Glitch! - by amabrok - 04-Dec-2014, 14:30