Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet another Dual Mono Configuration Glitch!
(28-Dec-2014, 12:50)GuillaumeB Wrote: When I first got my 800 (then 500!) in November 2013, I had issues with "clicks" and "pops" when changing source (one of which was configured as a pass thru). On a few occasions I also had the AES input playing music through the pass thru (bypass input) which was a little disconcerting given the very loud volume level! It took a few months to resolve, so yes... I've had my fair share of issues! Smile

These days I run a very simple config and try and tinker as little as possible. I don't bother using any of the inputs on the companion for example and pretty much stick to the basic settings with the remote etc. Wifi is disabled.

I avoid AIR as I wouldn't be able to tolerate dropouts on a £20k + system. As to white noise I think I would have returned my units by now.

With that said, and in my current setup, I couldn't be any happier. I still believe the dual mono is one of the best sub-£50k amps around, if not the best.

Possibly my only complaint if you can call it that, is that the Devialet doesn't have different digital filters à la dCS. Given its extreme transparency not all material sounds perfect. I'm all for euphonics if it helps me to enjoy my music better. Big Grin

Guillaume

I think simplicity is very important too. When trying to solve white noise I wrote a very simple dual mono config (one input, everything else disabled) which seemed to be better - it lasted longer before white noise reappeared.

Although your comment might be tongue in cheek, my plan with white noise, if not solved during January, is simply to pack up the two Devialet units and send them back to them in Paris, and see what they do. I don't use them much anyway.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yet another Dual Mono Configuration Glitch! - by IanG-UK - 28-Dec-2014, 13:28