Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet another Dual Mono Configuration Glitch!
(29-Dec-2014, 10:03)f1eng Wrote: Mine works fine on wifi after hours of trials from v1 onwards tuning my system. I have a working config pre the new configurator.
If not I would be very dissatisfied.
As many of you know my view is that the service has gone downhill since they went more marketing orientated, but I hope it is only that they are overloaded at the moment by the number of new owners insisting on support (they made a rod for their own back with the configurator and firmware updates) none of the other high end brands can have this problem since they are "what you buy is what you have for the life of the product" so zero effort from the manufacturer or dealer needed!

The dealers may well be fed up too since the customer support cost to profit ratio for Devialet products must be considerably worse than for any other brand they sell.
If I were a dealer with this experience I probably wouldn't stock the Phantom since the income per unit will be much less and experience may well make them fear that the support work may well be vast.

I am happy to hear that some of us don't have any problems hence that is promising for us with the problems ie there have to be working solutions addressed by Devialet.

It would be interesting to know if some with same or almost same settings for the the same unit/units have the same problems or not? Just to rule out hardware issues!

Anyway my trust (many times Thierry ended his responses to me with: "I thank you for the continued trust in Devialet") for Devialet isn't on top any longer but rather rock bottom.
The considerable money being spend on these units and then having Devs kind support without real problem solving and ignorance towards us that already bought into this by leaving all efforts out to solve their non functional beta versions of software makes me furious.
Even worse, Dev release a new line up making none what so ever excuse to
us with issues and complaints and that time was spend elsewhere.
I come form a business culture where one has to deliver to full satisfaction or you better correct accordingly before jumping to next case with your efforts.

There may be a reason why system been standing silent more often than before. I want to feel that I own gear that works to 100% hence this gives me the fundament of enjoyment and that I never have to look back or worry about function. This is clearly not the situation with Dev.

Sour about this, you bet!

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yet another Dual Mono Configuration Glitch! - by Mikeeo - 29-Dec-2014, 15:02