Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet another Dual Mono Configuration Glitch!
(04-Jan-2015, 21:59)wwm Wrote: Hi all,
I have been singing the praises of sam and have been engrosed in my music since before Christmas and I have not changed my view, 800 for me sounds as good as my previous Naim NDS/555/552/300 system, however, the configurator is driving me nuts. Decided to use the sky box which is connected via digital3 and strangely 75% of volume is coming out of the right speaker with balance on 0. The settings are the same as digital2 from the HDX and both channels are fine. Decided to use an input on the companion and duly used the link supplied and configured. Went through the 54321 process, unit went off then master came on and then slave came on then master went off this continued until I pressed off on the remote. Went through various settings but could not get units to link until I removed the link cable and disabled digital3. Digital3 is still 75% one sided even when I change the leads over from the HDX. Don't know what to try next.

Interesting,

I had issues like this and now I start to think that it probably is the new configurator than anything else. I just re configured to have AES/EBU input on the Master. Then a lot of strange things happened. When I selected the analogue inputs on the companion that I used, the companion shut down. It was odd of course but as I was about to let these input go to the master I did not put effort in solving this. As I was about to install a new cable to use the AES/EBU on the companion I re-config again for this and at the same time moving the analogue inputs to the master ie previously these inputs had been digital 3 and 4 but now analogue 3 and 4 in. Well after this config things went even more strange. First of all companion did not want to start when starting from remote but I had to start on the companion and here were lots of other strange behaviors. For some reason I decided to pull out the the link cable as I for sure didn't need that anymore as the companion now didn't have any signal handling except for the one coming from the master. Voila, it worked again. All fina you think, nope, now suddenly previous digital 3 is still digital and only previous digital 4 is now analogue 4 as only analogue 4 works with the analogue signal in. But in the configurator it says that there is an analogue 3. Well as I also can run a digital signal from my Oppo player, even if I prefer the analogue out hence having this enabled on the master, I'm ok but this is highly disturbing. In any case when units are up and running companion dims its window directly despite me having it on a 15 sec hold before dimming just like for the master, another strange behavior. I could go on about the problems I had enabling the SAM function but I think I will stop there.

Have a good night/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yet another Dual Mono Configuration Glitch! - by Mikeeo - 05-Jan-2015, 00:34