Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet another Dual Mono Configuration Glitch!
(13-Feb-2015, 09:48)Confused Wrote: In a recent correspondence with Devialet regarding Dialog, as a footnote I asked about progress with fixing the Configurator bugs.  Their response was "Several bugs were actually fixed with the new one."  No mention of when this "new one" was, I am assuming it is the old (ish) one from last year - the one that is rammed full of bugs.  Has anyone ever got a straight answer from these guys?

I had a few problems with the Configurator when trying to configure the Companion Unit of my D400 a couple of weeks ago. The problems occurred when trying to re-configure from my "saved Configurations" held on "My Maison" - when I called up my "saved Configurations" and tried to amend, the system wouldn't allow me to. I overcame the problem by starting a brand new Configuration - which worked fine. I informed Devialet of the problem, and was told that they were aware of the issue and were working on a fix! I haven't tried to re-Configure from my "saved Configurations" recently (if it isn't broken don't fix it!) so do not know whether a fix has been introduced - the trouble with Devialet is that they do not tell you when they have "fixed something" and there is no "issue number" associated with the Configurator to let you know if an update has been introduced Angry !

In the early days of Devialet ownership, I seem to recall a (fairly) regular Newsletter to update on "things" Devialet, but that seems to have stopped - perhaps they are all too busy answering the various complaints that are flying around! Such a Newsletter would be a good idea just to keep us in the picture on these sorts of "fixes" and also keep us abreast of what is happening with Dialog, Phantom, et al.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yet another Dual Mono Configuration Glitch! - by brit - 13-Feb-2015, 12:42