Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet another Dual Mono Configuration Glitch!
I am sure they don't hope the original customers go away.
As an engineering business they are superb IMHO.
As a software house they are neither open nor adequately documented.
The web site is now mainly screen candy and marketing puff and useless compared to the original. Even the useful links are missing from many pages.The help system does respond promptly, though.

It seems clear that the idea for the Phantom came long ago and that SAM is an offshoot of that work so it surely predates the current models.

My system worked fine until this week but I am not somebody who feels the inclination to change things often, my cars are 24, 18 and 2 years old. I bought the Devialet after being content with the same system (turntable, CD transport, DAC, preamp monoblocs and speakers) for 15 years. I haven't tried the configurator since last July.
This week I installed a new Airport to my network in my study. Our house is wide and the study is at the far corner of the house from my listening room so I have a bridge airport (a time capsule) in the listening room and this has been the source for AIR. I am assuming the new box in the study is more powerful and just is received by the Devialet because now my wireless signal is too weak to use wireless Air at all. Oh dear.
Perhaps its time to try a new config just for the fun of it all.
I have a vague inkling to know what brown noise sounds like.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yet another Dual Mono Configuration Glitch! - by f1eng - 13-Feb-2015, 17:41