Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was a new DAC installed for the those who had an upgrade to Expert Pro?
(11-Jul-2018, 13:24)thumb5 Wrote: As far as I know, the Expert Pro series uses a PCM1792 DAC which I think is the same as the original Expert.  There were changes in the ADH implementation - there's a thread somewhere on the forum dissecting the patent that describes the changes, which were largely to do with the switching frequency at which the Class D amplifier runs.  Maybe that's what you had in mind?

I am not sure why you would avoid upgrading depending on whether or not the DAC (chip) was changed.  Surely it's the performance and sound quality of the amp as a whole that matters, and that depends on much more than the choice of DAC chip.

I realize that the implementation of stuff around the DAC can have a profound impact on performance.  But newer DACs can also accommodate MQA, DSD, etc.  Thus, I would hope that Devialet would up the game with a newer DAC.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Was a new DAC installed for the those who had an upgrade to Expert Pro? - by Flashman - 11-Jul-2018, 14:42