Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet state ‘no further development’ for ‘classic’ (pre Pro CI) Expert line.
No surprise and its expected. They are in a business and have to generate revenue to take care of their owners/customers/employees. We deal with hardware/software vendors who support legacy products but, the new features are available only after the upgrade. I have routinely changed my HT processor every 3 years because the new features would only be available on the newer platform.
I think its great that Devialet provided us an option to upgrade our existing hardware. They even gave discount for the people who had bought the amp within last 12 months. There was also an option to upgrade 120 to 220pro without an extra charge. I don't know of any other amp/integrated manufacturer that does that.
Although I do agree that the upgrade cost was a little steep. Many folks including me, just sold their older hardware and got a new one. So, I wish the pricing was a little lower.
If I feel very strongly about Devialet not providing the service, I would just sell the thing off and then switch to the next manufacturer who provides new features on their legacy platform. Unfortunately, I'll have a hard time finding one.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet state ‘no further development’ for ‘classic’ (pre Pro CI) Expert line. - by sam1000 - 16-Jul-2018, 16:41