Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heresy, but here goes: Devialet to Lumin?
(19-Jul-2018, 11:12)Pim Wrote: @Flashman , When I went to my dealer to have a listen to some speakers, he also had the 1.5's and told me they'd be too hot in the treble for my taste. I never listened to them. I did however listen to the Giya G3 at the end of a Devialet 240 and listened specifically to some treble hot recordings. The Giya G3's didn't sound hot or digital at all. The source was a MacBook Pro via USB.

With the Giya range being a step up form the oval range I would expect it to be more revealing and more true to the recording.

So knowing what I know and reading what you have to say I come to the conclusion (an educated guess perhaps?) that it's most likely the 1.5's that are the 'problem' (the actual problem being the hot recordings).

I bought my D200 (170 at the time) because it did a number of things; It sounded great. It had the possibility to be used as a DAC/Pre-amp (future plans that never happened) and it had the possibility to use tone controls. It's the tone controls I suggest you have a play with. I use them for recordings that are too hot or lack bass and I can tell you they do help to make certain recordings enjoyable to listen to. They don't sound perfect but then again they're not perfect recordings to start with so you can't expect perfection in the first place.

Another few things to contemplate; set your speakers up a little closer to each other and put some absorbing material on the first reflection point on the side walls.

Good luck!

Pim
@Pim Huh, adjust the tone controls on some recordings.  Hadn't thought of that.  Will try! Idea
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Heresy, but here goes: Devialet to Lumin? - by Flashman - 19-Jul-2018, 12:38