Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heresy, but here goes: Devialet to Lumin?
I would add to Pim's words above. I note that you sometimes use Roon. Roon has a parametric equalizer that can be used to "fine tune" the sound of your system slightly. It is actually very powerful, as you can select specific frequencies, the range of boost/cut and Q values. As an example, you state that some recording sound "too digital". I think this might relate to prominence in the presence range (4kHz to 6kHz), rather than treble. OK, just an informed guess from myself, but it is very easy to experiment yourself, just try a -2dB or so cut in this range with one of your "digital" sounding recordings, and see if it makes a difference. It would cost nothing to try, you already have Roon, and if nothing else it would help give you some information as what is upsetting the balance of you system. So you could try a cut to the treble as Pim suggests, then maybe a cut in the presence range, and see (hear) what sounds best. I have played with this in the past, running Roon you can have the equalizer on an iPad, and fine tune the settings from the listening position in real time.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Heresy, but here goes: Devialet to Lumin? - by Confused - 19-Jul-2018, 12:52