Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amp susceptible to mains voltage changes?
This reminds me of an event many years ago. I was at the Harley Davidson rally, an event held at Littlecote House in Berkshire. Somehow, myself and a friend had landed the gig and were on DJ duties for the night. We had set up, and we were in this big marquee watching one of the bands sound checking. There was a decent PA system with mixing desk, all very professional.

Then something happened, a strange noise, then things sounded bad. As it turned out, everything was running from electric generators. There was a hog roast running outside with big electric heaters. What appeared to have happened is that someone shut down the power to big electric heaters on the hog roast, this caused some kind of spike in the power, this then destroyed the drivers in a pair of 15" bass bins. Following this, there was a negotiation between me and the PA guys, because we had a nice pair of undamaged bass bins, and they had a problem. Looking at what had just happened to their bins, I was a little reluctant to help out, but we did in the end. Curiously, at this point, some guy wearing a Hells Angel jacket and absolutely nothing else rode into the marquee and started doing donuts. It was a memorable evening!

So what I am thinking is that it might be a little annoying if your Devialet shuts down from time to time due to power issues, but this is a much better result than potentially destroying very expensive kit. Just a thought.

Also, have you checked for error messages in the Devialet menu after one of these shutdown events? This might give you a clue as to what is actually happening.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amp susceptible to mains voltage changes? - by Confused - 12-Aug-2018, 15:34