Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does 140 pro + 140 pro without pre-amplified output board = 210 pro
(12-Oct-2018, 18:46)anan Wrote:
(05-Oct-2018, 16:19)Rexie Wrote: So, with the 140 + 140 = 210 question of upgradability solved the next question is was it worth it? 

I have a 140 Pro CI and have an opportunity to get a 130 Pro CI locally (both seller and buyer live close by in Saudi Arabia, which is an odd coincidence).

Did the move to 210 lift veils, provide new unheard levels of bass dynamism, and/or any other audiophile cliches we can think of?  I'm driving Triangle Signature Alphas and very happy with the status quo and wondering whether to make the move.

Also, my speakers are biwire-able. Do we get to use all of the binding posts on both amps?

Thanks in advance, Rexie
(First post, after months of lurking so be gentle) Wink

Forget unreasonable…Sounds XXL...ok let's not go there.

I got to say I was blown away with the 130/140 pro sound when I first got it. The temptation to try dual mono was too much though when Devialet opened that door.  

After having this set up for a few weeks now, I find the music carries more detail at lower volumes (I dont turn it up all the time) and more oomph at higher volumes should I get urge to whack on some billy idol, or inxs. (No high brow music in this house.)
But it is not ‘twice as good’ for want of a better expression. I was probably expecting too much initially.

I am happy with the upgrade. I still make time to sit down and listen to my system, which is always a good sign.  IMO if you get a good deal on a 130/140 pro, it's a nice upgrade.

If you take the plunge, would be good to hear your thoughts.

Thanks, anan for the reply!

I was a bit wistful about it, but decided to let a fellow audiophile here in Saudi take it once he found the local insane deal on Audiogon--he was about to buy my old gear which would have funded the purchase so I was doubly bummed.  But it was the right thing to do.  At least, that's what I keep reminding myself.   Angel

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does 140 pro + 140 pro without pre-amplified output board = 210 pro - by Rexie - 21-Oct-2018, 15:25