Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D Premier versus 130 Expert Pro - buying NEW in 2018, what would you pick?
(03-Sep-2018, 20:59)Damon Wrote: Hello and Welcome!

You have an interesting set of options; now that Devialet has been on the market for a few years, there are used, demo, and new in box old stock choices.

I have some familiarity with Totem speakers, and I think the Devialet Totem combination will be very good, so I'd offer that thought as a starter. I have not heard a D Prem, so I can't give any advice about that except that you understand the power it offers as well as the lack of SAM and further software updates.

I had a D120 and I think they are a bargain; if you were staying with the Ensemble or the Hawks, that would be an option though I would still personally recommend the D130 Pro CI.

If, however, you are planning on KEF Blade 2's (which I've never even seen) I think that more power will be part of your future agenda. The 130 can become a D140 with the current firmware update, and then dual mono D210 (or whatever it is) would be an option- you could probably find a used D130/140 in time. Or a separate power amp, as you also suggest.

Anyhow, I can't offer much reliable advice but I wanted to step in to say 'welcome' and to give you a first reply. Others here can give much better advice on the amp choices now and for the blades as well as future options.
+1.
I have exactly the same point of view.
The 130Pro CI is a good and upgradable option, considering the need of more power in the future.
Welcome to the club.

Messages In This Thread
RE: D Premier versus 130 Expert Pro - buying NEW in 2018, what would you pick? - by BoyScout - 04-Sep-2018, 11:53