Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Past, present and future of music, some thoughts
That's a very interesting summary. Actually, I also this it's from about 2000 when you start missing more quality work.
I know many feel the same, but it's still nice to hear different people's views on why is it like this nowadays. And I guess it's not just a problem with music. It happens as well in the cinema industry, maybe even to the same extent.

Drifting slightly, this kind of relates to a talk by Lou Reed about MP3/compressed formats and people's perception that they are listening to what the artist created and don't realise they are actually missing most of it by not going for the CD, let alone true HD content or LP.
We live in the time of immediacy. You wouldn't go to a concert or the Louvre museum rushing, would you? Why not behave the same when listening to music at home? At the end of the day, it's all about savouring the art. Call it music or painting, whatever wakes up your curiosity.

You are spot on when you say there is plenty of stuff from the past to discover! And that's the bright side of this little thread Smile
Aurender X100 >> Totaldac USB cable >> D200 >> SF Olympica II

Italy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Past, present and future of music, some thoughts - by MusicLover - 03-Dec-2014, 21:00