Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Open letter to devialet - input from you?
Add my user name to the supporters list. I don't own Phantoms, however may consider down the track. I've put my 440Pro CI up for sale (have posted an advert in the For Sale section here) and will be looking to a smaller, simpler setup when/if I sell my 440Pro. The Phantoms maybe on my shopping list,  but @pscampbe list is a reminder and gives me a good reason to look at other options such as Kii Threes and Dutch & Dutch 8c. The Kii Threes are double the price of 2 Gold Phantoms & Dialog (D&D 8c a little less) but do everything and more of what I am looking for in an active speaker system. For example the ability to tailor the speakers to the room aka room correction and more connectivity. The dialog single optical connection for other sources is woefully inadequate, I want a USB connection for my Aurender and a phono input for my turntable for starters. It wouldn't be too hard for Devialet to get a higher spec Dialog out which included a functioning USB input and phono and/or line input, surely they could get the Expert USB input board and phono input board, whack it into a larger dialog box, done! 

I do hope that Devialet take some notice of the Open Letter and wishes of their current and potential customers. Phantom could be such a great HiFi product catering for the lifestyle customer, audiophile customer and anyone else just looking for a simple, small form factor, great sounding audio system. If they get this right, one day everyone will own a Devialet! Maybe!!!
Kii Three & Kii Control. Aurender N100. VPI Prime Turntable with Benz micro Glider SL cart. RCM Sensor2 Phono stage. PS Audio P5 power regenerator.
Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Open letter to devialet - input from you? - by Craig1512 - 30-Sep-2018, 10:40