Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Open letter to devialet - input from you?
Devialet have said that there will be a big Phantom update this year. People seem to forget that this year isn’t over.
It’s the same as people who say Apple’s AirPower is dead. Apple said late 2018 and guess what. We’re still in 2018. If they really want to they’ll launch that thing on the last day of the year and it will still be true to their word. People legitimately need to relax.

Devialet also said they were shifting core development temporarily to the Expert line. They’ve done that just like they said and as far as I’ve heard they added things people have been wanting for a long time. I have never lost confidence in their word of an update for Phantom this year and as far as I’m concerned this is over-exaggerated. It’s definitely fair enough and I understand it, but it’s over-exaggerated.

There’s things we’d all like to be fixed or added but Devialet haven’t mislead or lied or sabotaged anyone. They could push a huge update tomorrow and they’d still be absolutely true to their word of ‘this year’.

Not much will change internally or externally because there was no wrongdoing. We’ll get a little PR Statement and then business as usual.

Relax.
If this year finishes and there’s nothing then I’ll be upset, because that’s not being true to their word and that’s misleading. Then we’ve got a problem. You guys are all living in 2020 or something.

It is not possible from a competitive standpoint to communicate all details of future products/software and even if it happened people would still complain that they aren’t doing enough with the next launch or this or that. I don’t see a problem with saying somethings coming and then just dropping it at random so nobody can complain before hand and delay it further because it’s ‘not good enough’ to 50% but is to the other 50%.
Devialet Phantom (White)

Messages In This Thread
Open letter to devialet - input from you? - by kmjy - 05-Oct-2018, 19:58