Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to reduce hiss with phono at high volumes?
(08-Oct-2018, 15:38)Dev_Steve Wrote: It’s a huge disappointment. My previous $400 Rega phono stage was silent and this pales in comparison. It wouldn’t be acceptable at $400, let alone almost $20,000. Not sure how I feel about the system because of this.

I must say I did buy the D-Premier partly because its MC phono stage was completely silent when I demoed it at home and was disappointed when the Pro update with its new board clearly, IMO, was a downgrade for MC phono. Mine still sounds good via the SUT and MM input though. I would have preferred the original phono stage (which I understand was a very expensive part of the D-Premier) but I don't listen to my old LPs enough for it to be a deal breaker!
I missed the HDMI input too for playing the TV through the stereo.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to reduce hiss with phono at high volumes? - by f1eng - 09-Oct-2018, 16:58