Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bi amping using Devialet 120 and Cayin A88T MKII (Passive)
(22-Oct-2018, 14:14)Vivialet Wrote: Hi,
the best solution would be to buy the pre-out for the Devialet. Then you could connect a second amp to the pre-out, you could also use the built-in crossover and remove the passive crossover in the speaker.
You can also use the Devialet as power-amp, you can set the initial volume to a high level (e.g. 0) and the default input to a line input. But for me this seems not to be a good idea...

Hi thank you for your input~ Three questions remain lol:

In this case, is the connection "music source (CD+DAC/TT+phono stage) to Devialet -> Devialet (pre-out) to Cayin (pre-in) -> Devialet to LF terminals of both speakers and Cayin HF terminals." bi-amping?

To use the Devialet as power-amp only, besides setting the default input into line-input, do I need to tick pass-though in the special mode? And why you think it may not be a good idea? Would like to know some potential hazards if any

Last but least, for active bi-amping: the two crossover frequencies of my speakers are 350Hz and 4kHz. If I want to use Devialet to power bass and Cayin midrange/treble, how do I set the frequencies below 350Hz to Devialet and above to Cayin? I need to configure the cut-off frequencies both in the speakers' configuration and pre-outs' configuration, right? As for the frequencies above 350Hz, can I further set that frequencies above 4kHz to tweeter and those in-between 350Hz and 4kHz to the midrange ?

Thank you~

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bi amping using Devialet 120 and Cayin A88T MKII (Passive) - by mjledme - 22-Oct-2018, 15:05