Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Mac Mini as streamer plus music server
Hi @David A, I am enjoyed reading your response and thanks for sharing your thoughts!

I agree with you that conveniences are very important, I am also found it very important to me, I have a record player but hardly play it because its so inconvenient and hard to get it right. The reason I like Devialet is also because its simple and convenient.

What I trying to achieve is to get as good sound quality as possible while still remains convenient. I have a synology NAS which allow me to run the ROON Core on it, the CPU on the NAS is pretty low performance but seems ROON is running fine, may be I don't know how to setup the ROON, I left all settings default... I am not sure why Antipodes said some ROON DSP requires intensive computing power so their CX can do but EX can not. Do we need to install any additional DSP? my default installation seems fine running on a ultra low performance CPU.

Anyway, my major concern at the moment is all digital source goes into Devialet via wireless, at the moment the connection is quite ok, hardly drop, but I don't believe wireless connection can delivery best sound quality, so I am seeking a wired solution, and then I found most people said USB connection delivers best performance on Devialet Expert Pro, that's why I started this thread and asked if Mac Mini could be a good USB out
option. The Devialet's EXPERT PRO has no USB galvanic isolation, so if I use USB, I want to make sure Mac Mini has clean USB out... Your experience tells me Ethernet can be as good as USB, and thanks for sharing it. I will continue looking at different options before making decisions.

By the way, do you have experience in power conditioner? does it help?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Uisng Mac Mini as streamer plus music server - by PeppaPig - 06-Nov-2018, 13:45