Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Mac Mini as streamer plus music server
(26-Dec-2018, 14:07)roestano Wrote: @midi
After using a Mac Mini I have bought an INNUOS Zenith, which I am still using. For the moment (once again) with ROON (trial licence) as a Roon Core. Very comfortable and without problems (but DSD files are not really possible with the Zenith as a core). I have used the Zenith before as an UPnP server, also without problems, but there is no software for that with a real good UI (the best one is MConnect m.o.). The Zenith is connected via USB to the Devialet. I think there are less other devices on the market with this possibilities.
-------
How did it improve on sound? Is it possible to play direct via Ethernet (play) output? was your mac standard or tweaked?
The Melco seems to sound a lotĀ better via Ethernet than usb (review hifi-advice) albeit not on a devialet system.

The Zenith plays direct as ROON endpoint via USB to the Devialet or as Core via Devialet Air ETH. I prefer the USB connection, for me a little more relaxing sound. INNUOS recommends USB too.
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using Mac Mini as streamer plus music server - by midi - 27-Dec-2018, 11:33