Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internal Brown Noise Generator
I'd rather listen to music than brown noise also, new speakers or old. When I used it during speaker break in, I played it overnight starting it when I went to bed. Up until then I played music.

I don't know that it's pointless. I've got sources of white and pink noise but no other source of brown noise, in fact I didn't even know what the difference between brown noise and pink or white noise was until I just did a Google search and when it comes to a test track for measurements for room correction then white or pink noise are what I've seen recommended. Until that search I'd never seen a mention of brown noise anywhere except for the option in Devialet's configurator. Brown noise seems to emphasise lower frequencies over higher frequencies more than pink noise does and the main comments about uses for it in that search related to using it as a background noise to help people sleep. I then did a separate quick search specifically for the combination of "brown noise" and "room correction" and gave up after the first few links I looked at failed to show anything other than passing mentions of brown noise but no mention of using it as a test signal for measurements.

Based on those searches, and I didn't spend too long chasing links on either search when the first half dozen or so links in each search kept turning up similar things, I get the feeling it's not in common use for room correction purposes. It may be useful for speaker break in because the emphasis on lower frequencies may give your woofers a bit more of a workout than pink or white noise do. Do you have any more info on using it for room correction?
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
Internal Brown Noise Generator - by Paperman - 06-Nov-2018, 20:21
RE: Internal Brown Noise Generator - by David A - 08-Nov-2018, 01:07
RE: Internal Brown Noise Generator - by K4680 - 08-Nov-2018, 08:01
RE: Internal Brown Noise Generator - by K4680 - 08-Nov-2018, 17:33
Internal Brown Noise Generator - by Soniclife - 08-Nov-2018, 13:38
Internal Brown Noise Generator - by Soniclife - 08-Nov-2018, 17:48