Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internal Brown Noise Generator
(08-Nov-2018, 09:16)Hifi_swlon Wrote: My post was a bit tongue in cheek, I wouldn’t expect to use with room correction. Or anything else really.

It was more the notion of having signal generators built in and the Devialet being able to do something useful with them.

I generally use log sweeps or pink noise for DRC

I'm sorry I couldn't see the location of your tongue in your post.  Actually I just got an email reminder from my optometrist and it seems he may be right about me needing a checkup    :-)

The brown noise generator does seem like an odd feature to include but if the intention is that it be used for speaker break in and if it actually is useful for that, then I actually think it's a great idea. As I said, it's easy to come up with sources of test signals and other signals specifically stated to be used for speaker break in, and plenty of sources for continuous music but all of them require you to run another device as a source as well as your amp. With the brown noise generator built into the amp you just need the amp. There's an elegant simplicity about that but we're left with the big question of whether or not it actually is useful for speaker break in.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
Internal Brown Noise Generator - by Paperman - 06-Nov-2018, 20:21
RE: Internal Brown Noise Generator - by K4680 - 08-Nov-2018, 08:01
RE: Internal Brown Noise Generator - by K4680 - 08-Nov-2018, 17:33
RE: Internal Brown Noise Generator - by David A - 08-Nov-2018, 09:41
Internal Brown Noise Generator - by Soniclife - 08-Nov-2018, 13:38
Internal Brown Noise Generator - by Soniclife - 08-Nov-2018, 17:48