Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
PS Audio DirectStream Power Plant 12
(09-Aug-2021, 09:09)ICUDoc Wrote: The Australian version has ZERO "high current outlets". They are all the same (pretty high Smile)
"HC" refers to the switchable outlet ie one that can be set to come on at a specified, delayed time after the other outlets, to avoid turn-on "thump".

You are mistaken.

All inputs on the P12, and I think on all of the PS Audio regenerators, are switchable. If HC referred to the outputs being switchable as you describe then all outlets would be marked that way but only one outlet is marked as HC while the manual clearly states that all outputs are switchable. 

In addition, on the back of my P12, the Zone D outlet is clearly marked "High Current", the other 3 outlets are not. That outlet is also the only outlet that has the letters 'HC" displayed on the info screen. No actual outlets on the back of the device are marked as "HC", all are identified by their Zone, the outlets in one zone are high current and are clearly marked as "High Current",. The Australian model has only 4 outlets, one outlet per zone.

So, the Australian version clearly has 1 high current outlet, HC does not refer to switchable, and all outlets whether they are high current or not are switchable in the same way.

All P12s have 4 zones of which one is a high current zone. Depending on which country they are intended for use in, they have a varying number of physical outlets and the high current zone will have 1 or 2 outlets depending on the country it is intended for.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: PS Audio DirectStream Power Plant 12 - by David A - 09-Aug-2021, 21:09