Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
£200 streaming option beats all comers upto £5K
Anyone that really wants to try a NUC could buy one and install Roon ROCK. Seems to have a following that think it’s good and I can’t imagine Roon guys writing a custom OS that wasn’t optimised for music. Simple setup, just add usb cable.

And usb regenerator
And galvanic isolator
And linear PSU
Or two Tongue

I’m actually pretty open-minded but with a healthy dose of scepriscm, especially where well understood and scientifically proven human traits are at stake. That and many of those CA pioneers just never seem satisfied - in a few months the NUC will be boring and dull and something else will sound ‘nearly real’. You have to wonder why things always end up sounding somewhat disappointing in the end, after a little time.

I think a genuine part of the issue is long-term satisfaction and happinesses, and that’s a tricky thing for many of us to pin down. This is also fairly well studied. I don’t think any of those CA guys will ever find it, they’ll always be trying to better what they have.

I’ll still read the experiments with interest.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: £200 streaming option beats all comers upto £5K - by Hifi_swlon - 03-Dec-2018, 23:39