Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
£200 streaming option beats all comers upto £5K
The devil is in the details. Smile I wouldn’t generalize. What they’ve tested with is the combination of certain 7th gen NUCs, diskless (when it’s used as an endpoint), Audiolinux fully loaded in RAM and the best possible LPSU preferably the SR7 DR. Though good, but lesser, results have been reported for the LPS1.2 and SR4. Thus far the NUC7CJYH/NUC7PJYH (low power) and NUC7i7DNHE as a higher powered option have been tested by those in the “inner circle”.

There’s more details but these can be read in that topic. Consensus is building, many are currently testing and experimenting and reporting back.

Intermediate update from my side; I picked up my NUC7PJYH NUC (and RAM, USB stick) on Sunday and bricked it several hours later. Sad So currently waiting for a replacement unit. Details: https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forum...ent=901738
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: £200 streaming option beats all comers upto £5K - by Antoine - 04-Dec-2018, 10:29