Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
£200 streaming option beats all comers upto £5K
Quote:Compared to the same chain with the SOTM Sms-200 in place the changes are more subtle. What I can hear is about the same tonal presentation just a tad more bright. I do think it’s more true to the recording, brighter recordings sound brighter others about the same. What I can appreciate in this is the cleaner/‘blacker’ soundstage in which I can hear instruments decaying longer and (even) more delineated. Also overtones/harmonics can be heard better which attributes to the realness of instruments. Background vocals are clearer as well.

Intresting.

I run a SOtM sMS-200 ultra Neo and a tX-USBultra after that both driven with their own SR4 PSU and Ghent DC cables, wonder how that would compare to a NUC with AL.

I also have plans to get the ETHERregen and run fiber from my Ubiquiti router (got two SFP 1310nm and Corning Clearcure single mode cable waiting for the switch) to the Uptone switch and connect my NUC with ROCK to one of the dirty ports and my sMS-200ultra Neo to the clean port.

A SR7 with 4 rails powering switch, NUC and both SOtM products would perhaps be a gain in sound quality as the SR7 seems to be really good.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Messages In This Thread
RE: £200 streaming option beats all comers upto £5K - by octaviars - 09-Dec-2018, 18:15