Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
£200 streaming option beats all comers upto £5K
@Antoine - Congratulations on getting the AL NUC up and running. I know I would struggle with this, I am sure it would take me ages, together with many frustrations. Also, thanks for the rather sober review, which does contrast to some of the CA posts a week or so ago. I will certainly be interested in how you find it after you have been running it in your system and living with it for a while, often this yields different results versus the first impressions. Meanwhile, well done and enjoy!

@octaviars - there are a number of posts on CA that state the NUC is better than a tweaked referenced clocked SOtM sMS-200 ultra / tX-USBultra set ups and similar. Although I would agree, Antoine's first impressions seem to suggest this is unlikely. Ultimately, there is nothing like trying yourself, and I think personal preferences, system synergy and a whole host of other factors come into play.

As a final note, after my SOtM experiences this year, I am a little surprised to read Antoine's words that the NUC is a touch brighter, maybe an AL NUC is not for me! I also wonder if cleaner treble does sometimes sound subjectively brighter, things become very subtle at this level.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: £200 streaming option beats all comers upto £5K - by Confused - 09-Dec-2018, 18:35