Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet isolator and power-line
(09-Dec-2018, 21:07)Paperman Wrote: My server audio (nuc running roon rock and nas) is not in the same room of the audio system.
So I bought a power-line to connect the nuc/nas to the router (from the router to the devialet I use a normal ethernet cable). Unfortunately I have connected also sever domestic appliances on the same power network and l know that they put a lot of “dirty” on that...
According to your experience what do you think about an ethernet isolator to filter and improve the input signal?
Thank you.
Alberto

I am using a nuc also. I've connected my nuc directly to my devialet using the existing NIC on the nuc next to that I use a usb/ethernet adapter making my nuc reachable for a nas and/or control app.
The USB/ethernet adaptor resides in my "default" home network/subnet. The nuc-devialet connection is in a separate subnet which you also have to define at your devialet.

The direct connection between nuc  and devialet gives a great SQ no "dirty" nodes between the nuc and Devialet. Improving the Ethernet cable between nuc and devialet improves SQ (i'm using Audioquest)

This solution is IMHO cheaper and better compared to isolation.

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-My-first...-with-Roon

Messages In This Thread
Ethernet isolator and power-line - by Paperman - 09-Dec-2018, 21:07
RE: Ethernet isolator and power-line - by Jantje BEton - 10-Dec-2018, 11:22