Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet isolator and power-line
(10-Dec-2018, 11:29)Fragoulisnaval Wrote:
(09-Dec-2018, 21:07)Paperman Wrote: My server audio (nuc running roon rock and nas) is not in the same room of the audio system.
So I bought a power-line to connect the nuc/nas to the router (from the router to the devialet I use a normal ethernet cable). Unfortunately I have connected also sever domestic appliances on the same power network and l know that they put a lot of “dirty” on that...
According to your experience what do you think about an ethernet isolator to filter and improve the input signal?
Thank you.
Alberto

Buy a pair of fmc tp-link 220, and a fiber cable in order to achieve optical isolation and you are done. Costs no higher than 300€ including the cables...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...but then you're assuming that the FMC at the "clean" end is not injecting similar noise from its own power supply, of course.  Given that they are supplied with generic "wall-wart" power adapters, the cure might be worse than the disease.  (I'm not saying it is, necessarily, but it can't be ruled out.)

Personally I don't think there's a simple, guaranteed "one-size-fits-all" solution to this kind of thing.  If you are concerned about it -- and sufficiently interested to experiment -- I think you should try out various alternatives and decide for yourself whether or not they improve the sound quality to your ears, which is essentially all that matters.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK

Messages In This Thread
Ethernet isolator and power-line - by Paperman - 09-Dec-2018, 21:07
RE: Ethernet isolator and power-line - by thumb5 - 10-Dec-2018, 12:01