Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet does not stand behind their products
(15-Dec-2018, 19:46)Rodrat2 Wrote: If I am reading your post correctly you are not the original purchaser. I don’t think it is unreasonable for Devialet to not offer a free replacement if they are out of warranty.

You're reading it correctly - I am not the original purchaser. However, I don't expect Devialet to give me a free replacement - there's a reason they have a time limit on their warranty.

(16-Dec-2018, 00:05)mdconnelly Wrote: I've heard before that the Phantoms are not repairable, so a problem such as the OP has encountered can only be resolved by a replacement.   A 65% discount on something that is well out of warranty is not so unreasonable, but designing a product that cannot be repaired may be.   Does Devialet allow Phantom owners to extend their warranty before it expires?     If so, you might get them to agree to allow you to buy that extended warranty in order to get warranty support.   Hey, it's Christmas!  Maybe they'll consider it.

It's not a 65% discount! If I wanted to get my White Phantom replaced, I'd have to pay USD 1,090 (65% of the original cost - a 35% discount). 

My main concern is that these devices are not repairable. There are not any third parties that can work on them, and Devialet won't even attempt to fix a broken unit. The only option for anyone with a broken Phantom is to stump up a very large sum of money to get a new one.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet does not stand behind their products - by jascer - 16-Dec-2018, 20:13