Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac)
(12-Dec-2019, 05:01)Nakatomi63 Wrote: Devialet should not abandon the origin of its success and prestige, the Expert line.

It would be as if Porsche abandoned his 911 ... Sad

Completely agree, and as an original purchaser of D-Premier, upgraded all the way and now at Pro 250 CI, and an original Phantom owner, now upgraded to Golds, I consider myself fully invested in Devialet's future roadmap.  However I would point out that the recent upgrade of Phantoms to DOS 2, if i understood it correctly, was a key step on the path to the unification of the three product families (Expert, Phantom Premier, Phantom Reactor) onto the same firmware platform.  Presumably with the goal of rationalizing development resources and ensuring all platforms get the benefit of future firmware developments.

My main requirement is stable Roon RAAT support, currently only working over WiFi on Expert and no yet supported on Phantoms.  After that the often hinted at room correction would be nice.  Things like Airplay 2 and surround sound etc. are not important for me, but I understand they are for others and they certainly broaden the market appeal of the products.

So I'm hoping for the best, even if Devialet's chequered history on software delivery and abysmal communications leave a lot to be desired.  

Completely brilliant and infuriatingly idiosyncratic.  Could only be French.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac) - by struts - 15-Dec-2019, 10:46