Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac)
Well 2019 has drawn to a close, lets have a look back at the key events of last year:

Roon RAAT appeared for the CI Board equipped Pro's.  (At the time of writing, this still has bugs for some users)
The Reactor gained Devialets's innovative new "stereo" mode.
A big change for the Phantom "Premier" range, it was renamed "Phantom Premier"
Joachim Fritsch left Devialet.  (Joachim was formally "Expert Product Team manager")
Phantom Reactor Custom appeared.  (basically a nice wall bracket thingy for the Reactor)
We received news of Devialets' planned "unified remote control" app. Apparently to be initially be for the Phantom range, then later introduced for the Expert
The Black reactor arrived after much excitement following a Devialet social media initiative.
DOS2 arrived for the Phantom.
The Devialet Chat 2019 Almanac thread drifted off topic with generally grumpy posts about Devialet not doing much in 2019, old issued being unresolved and their communication being rubbish.

That's about it I think, let me know if I have missed anything of note.

So the 2019 prediction winner is nduchatel, with Pim and David A picking up the remaining podium places.

nduchatel can now bask in the glory of being Devialet Prediction World Champion for the rest of 2020.

Final results as follows:

1st
nduchatel =6

Joint 2nd
Pim = 4
David A = 4

Runners up:
mdconnelly = 3
Blair.athol = 3
Confused = 3
Bwaze = 1
Ron McKernan = -1

Best not mention:
Fgleason = 0
Streamy = 0
K4680 = 0
Rchinn = 0
Peter-van-der-Laarse = 0
Axel = 0
G51 = 0

As for 2020 predictions, @struts has already started a thread, so that one is covered.  Although this was more specifically directed at the possible 2020 DOS2 rollout to Expert.

It is interesting that in the end not far off half the posts in this thread were essentially expressing grievances with Devialet.  My original intention for this thread format was twofold, firstly a simple bit of light-hearted fun, secondly to act as a record of the year's key events.  Threads in forums like this often drift off the original topic, and very often the off topic stuff is more enlightening than the original topic.  So this has given me an idea, you will see this in a new thread that I will start today regarding communication with Devialet.

I am genuinely unsure if I should run a similar Almanac prediction thread in 2020, but I am happy to do so if there is the interest.  Let me know.

As an alternative, I am thinking of a "Key Events 2020" thread, this would serve as a kind of archive for the years events that we could populate as and when anything happens. (It might be a short thread!)
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac) - by Confused - 04-Jan-2020, 12:02