Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions, questions & questions! New 220pro
(10-Jan-2019, 07:32)David A Wrote: You said you're having trouble getting AIR over wifi. I never managed to get that to work for more than a few minutes from my Mac Mini. My solution was to use a wifi link from my Mac Mini to a second Airport Extreme which I connected to my Devialet via ethernet. That worked without problems. Instead of an Airport Extreme you could use an Airport Express and connect your Devialet via ethernet or you could use an Apple TV (not an Apple TV 4K) and connect that to your Devialet via optical. I didn't try an Apple TV with an optical connection but it should work. I simply couldn't get a reliable wifi connection to my Devialet but I had no problems with another Apple device making the wifi connection and using a wired connection from it to the Devialet.

Definitely use the Devialet AIR app on the Mac Mini and connect using that rather than Apple's own AirPlay which has limitations.

Yeah - going to give AIR through ethernet a try today once I get back home. I seem to have downloaded and installed AIR on my mac correctly - it's showing up in my audio midi panel as well as in the mac menu bar. So - if i get this right - airplay is 16bits 44.1KHz .... while AIR can stream at upto 24bits 192KHz (as should USB). Optical is 24bits 96KHz?

Out of curiosity - does anyone use AES/ EBU port/ cable? What is the typical other end of such a cable that would warrant usability? The devialet help article below seems to reference it as a good go-to option.
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...let-Expert-
Signal path: Macbook Pro (Qobuz/ Vox Player) > Router > CAT 8 Ethernet > Devialet 220 pro > Shunyata Delta speaker cables > Wilson Sabrina speakers

Power path: Wall outlet > Shunyata Delta power cable > Devialet 220 pro

Messages In This Thread
RE: Questions, questions & questions! New 220pro - by zambie - 10-Jan-2019, 18:00