Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to judiciously invest in next to improve SQ?
I will echo David. I have played with cords, isotek expensive filters, and changing sources. The biggest and greatest impact was when I invited a guy, with measuring equipment and knowledge (he builds very expensive speakers) when he measured, everything was wrong... I had a 45hz mod,, lack of high frequencies and my system sounded sort of ok, but no wow effect ar all. When we moved the speakers and tuned the bass in my active woofers, added HF on Devialet to get right curve, I can only say wow, the effect was simply astonishing. Even this guy got very impressed by the sound that we got. I was on an edge to sell my vandies, and seriously doubted if Devialet is such a great amp before. Week after we had hi end show and I went there, and I noticed that my set up was not much behind seriously expensive ones...
Vandersteen 5A, d220 pro CI , Dyrholm Audio x series cables all the way, qnap 451+,Mac mini Audirvana, dedicated circuits. Moscow Russia

Messages In This Thread
RE: What to judiciously invest in next to improve SQ? - by Alve - 31-Jan-2019, 07:14